Monday, June 29, 2009

Reflections on Redefining ACES to buld a real green economy

Cross-posted from "It's Getting Hot In Here"



While many of my friend in the movement have been in DC and trying to mobilize for, against, or to strengthen the ACES bill, I've been organizing in Minnesota as part of the Twin Cities Summer of Solutions program - you can read more posts on the programs around the country on solutionaries.net. In my work, I'm continually challenged by the persistent disconnect between the real implications of what we're trying to achieve through bills like ACES, how most people understand it, and the results we get. This morning I wrote a blog post in major metro-wide paper - the Star Tribune - attempting to redefine what ACES means and how we should respond. I'm including it here because I think we really need to get better at saying what we're about and why it is important.



As you read, feel free to check out the posts I'm responding to, remember its written for a Minnesota audience, and please share your thoughts on strategies to end the communications gridlock.



Here is the full article from the Star Tribune

0 comments: